Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You know it's time for a haircut when...

Your split ends have split ends. For reals. I saw this on my own bad self last week and promptly phoned my dear friend Lauren at Raw Beauty. The soonest I could get in was this week - tomorrow, in fact. Thursday cannot come soon enough!

However, I'm always conflicted about haircuts. I'm in the process of trying to grow my hair out, which means I tend to stave off even a trim for as long as possible. I had been getting my bangs trimmed in between cuts, but missed out on that this time around (you know, being in Spain and all...)

Here is some photographic evidence to show you just how hairy (ha!) it's gotten! (don't worry, the shot is mostly of the bangs...I won't scar you with a macro shot of the split ends upon split ends).

4 comments:

  1. growing out one's hair makes for difficult haircuts. after the trim, i always find that it doesn't look awesome and i say, "oh, cut a little more." and i return to my old length. i resist this by not getting my haircut and cutting my bangs myself. (it's sketchy but my hairdresser tried to teach me how)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...have you gotten it cut? And if so, why have you not posted any photos??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I'm playing in Italy again this year. Happy haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar epiphany after seeing pictures of myself in which you could barely see my eyes. Hope you love your new look!

    ReplyDelete